Since its charter in 1905, United Bank has been a growing organization. One of the key components to that growth has been the talented, quality people we have employed over the years.
Whether you are an experienced banker, new to the industry, or interested in entering the industry, United Bank offers employment opportunities that will compliment your professional and personal goals. We welcome those who share our interest in customers and who can have a positive impact on our organizationís growth and development. We offer excellent benefits for both hourly and salaried employees and we have provided a brief summary for you to review. You can also explore current openings by browsing our menu of Available Positions. The Human Resource Department will not accept applications when no current position is available. Any applications received for a non-posted position will not be accepted.
For more information on the available positions posted below, please call 770.412.7211. Please return all applications by:
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 1010
Griffin, Georgia 30224
We are located at
110 W.Oak St.
the Griffin Main Office.
Click here for a printable application
|Incumbents in this position serve a key role as the
face of United Bank in a variety of financial transactions and responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must actively and successfully
engage in the Teller and CSR job functions. This versatile employee will be
deployed to fill service needs and support the optimal and efficient operation
of bank offices. Hours will vary so must be flexible to work sometime between
7am - 9pm based on the needs of the department.|
- Provides industry leading Signature Service
- Maintains and balances teller cash drawer, while handling all phases of
teller transactions including checking, savings, payment, cash advance,
certified check and bond redemption
- Completes retail and commercial transactions according to established
procedures, and prepares each for electronic processing
- Uses a consultative approach to understand customers financial needs and
educates them on how to get the greatest value from our products and services
- Provides tailored solutions (establishes and expands relationships) by
opening and maintaining a variety of deposit accounts and financial services
- Resolves product or service problems by clarifying and determining the cause
of the problem, selecting and expediting the best solution, and following up to
- Recognizes and refers cross-sell opportunities
- Captures and tracks key customer interactions for delivering effective sales
- Follows security measures, cash management policies, risk and internal
- Safeguards bank assets by seeking guidance for higher risk transactions that
lead to exposure to loss or fraud
- Complies with all Federal and State banking laws and related regulations, to
include but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act
- Builds and maintains productive relationships with co-workers and partners
throughout the organization
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one year service and sales experience preferred
- Proficient computer skills and active engagement in the new technology
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills (both written
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to derive innovative
|ITM / Operations Center|
|Teller - Part
|This position handles all phases of teller
transactions. Accepts cash or check items from customers for deposit. Job
involves considerable customer contact and extensive on-the-job training for
proficiency. Provides quality customer service while promoting the bank's
services. Part-time hours Monday thru Friday and must be flexible, as hours can
vary between 11am - 5pm. Must also be able to work on Saturday 8:00am - 12:00pm
(could possibly work 3 Saturdays a month).|
- Assist customers with account information.
- Demonstrate knowledge of United Bank's products and services and match them
appropriately to customer needs.
- Reports supicious activity through proper channels.
- Position will be required to comply with all Federal and State banking laws
and related regulations, to include but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Maintains teller drawer while handling all phases of teller transactions,
including but not limited to, checking, savings and various type loan payments
and credit card payments. Accept cash and checks for deposit, cash checks and
savings withdrawlas within designated limit, accept tax deposits, and issue
- Verify cash and endorsements as described in teller training.
- Maintain proper levels of cash in cash drawer.
- Verify and maintain daily record of cash in and cash out transactions,
balancing cash drawer daily.
- Reports any OFAC matches to the OFAC Officer.
- Processes various night drop and mail transactions as needed.
- Verifies and maintains accurate records of all cash in and cash out
- Prepares daily settlement of teller cash and proof transactions.
- Follows policies and procedures set forth by the bank.
- Ability to provide quality customer service.
- Ability to handle sensitive customer and bank information.
- Be knowledgeable of bank products, and able to answer basic customer
- Must be available to work Monday thru Saturday.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to deal tactfully with customers and co-workers.
- Attention to detail and confidentiality a must.
- Previous teller experience or at least one year cash handling experience.
- Experience in customer service/retail environment preferred.
- Computer skills demonstrated through ability to input detail of work in
order to process and complete teller transactions.
- Must be able to lift heavy bags of coin.
- Ability to operate a personal computer and related software.
|Zebulon / Williamson|